Historical & Grades
Previous work done on the property included soil and rock sampling, geological mapping, drilling and limited geophysical work. This work confirmed the presence of lower Jurassic Bonanza Group, which comprises predominantly tuffaceous volcanic rocks.
Mineralization discovered in outcrop over a 2.5 by 0.5 km area on the property consists of 15 sulphide zones. The results include:
- Outcrop sampling included: zinc: 0.01% to 15.00%, copper: 0.09% to 8.38%, lead: 0.01% to 20.07%, gold: 0.019 g/t to 0.214 g/t and silver: 3.04g/t to 61.45g/t
- Drilling results showed zinc: 0.146% to 11.570%, copper: 0.011% to 0.871%, lead: 0.003% to 6.330%, gold 0,006g/t to 0,05g/t and silver: 2.50g/t to 61.45g/t
The model given at the time was hydrothermally remobilized base metal mineralization related to either one of the following:
- Polymetallic Veins Ag-Pb-Zn+/-Au.
- Epithermal Au-Ag-Cu High Sulphidation.
- Cu+/-Ag Quartz Veins.
- Noranda/ Kuroko massive Cu-Pb-Zn.
- Porphyry Cu-Mo-Au.
Either one of this type of geological settings may point to geological occurrences conducive to mineralization worthy of evaluation, by way of a drill program. Considerable technical re-evaluation is currently underway to take the geophysical interpretations into consideration. The results will be released once available.